FEAST: Quantity Cooking for Krishna’s Kitchen
375 Vegetarian and Plant-based recipes for 200+
with GOPATI DASA & APURVA DASA and 60 Veteran ISKCON COOKS
Foreword by Visakha devi dasi
Internationally famous chef, Kurma dasa, has opened his treasure trove of time-tested prasadam recipes from five decades of quantity cooking. FEAST includes Srila Prabhupada’s original recipes, ISKCON kitchen classics, and modern favourites. Assisted by veteran chefs Gopati dasa and Apurva dasa, along with recipes from 60 other culinary giants, Kurma presents 375 meticulous, large-sized vegetarian and plant-based (vegan) recipes.
This definitive quantity cookbook is a legacy offering by ISKCON’s first generation for future chefs, and for the upliftment of human society at large. Srila Prabhupada writes, “Simply by liberal distribution of prasad and sankirtana, the whole world can become peaceful and prosperous.” (SB 4.12.10, purport)
In addition to 12 chapters of crystal-clear recipes, FEAST includes:
- 40 feast menus and 39 fascinating kitchen vignettes,
- Biographies and memories from some of the world’s most influential
Hare Krishna cooks,
- Original kitchen standards and prasadam instructions from Srila Prabhupada,
- Extensive kitchen tips and ingredient provenance for quantity cooking,
- Entertaining prasadam adventure stories by Srila Prabhupada’s disciples,
- Over 100 lively quotations of prasadam realizations and experiences.
Now you can confidently prepare:
- Sumptuous multi-course Sunday feasts,
- Nourishing ashram and temple breakfasts, lunches and dinners,
- Special banquets and events catering,
- Picnics and retreats,
- Rathayatras and other festival catering in quantities to feed 200-9,000.